Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Introductions

Introductions are probably in order, although some might recognize me from Instagram or my deader-than-dead tumblr blog with the same name.
I'm Asileh Backwards, also commonly known as Helisa. Or tekkonkinkreet (DoA and Hartsilapset forums). I'm a 22-year-old female from Finland, born in 1993. I'm enthusiastic about many things: photography, films, literature, writing, painting, drawing... Well, arts in general. But one thing is bigger than all the others - my enthusiasm for ball-jointed dolls, which I discovered in 2009 and soon after that I got my first one.

Well, seven years later my passion for BJDs hasn't diminished - actually I think it has done the opposite. I've never been this happy and inspired in this hobby. I own five dolls currently, plus one head waiting for a body of his own. In 2016 I hope to add one to that number, and build a body for the lonely rolling head.
My doll family is as follows:

  • Aed [Soom Heliot on a Dollzone B70-003 body, white skin] - my oldest doll, soon 5 years old.
  • Jack [Elfdoll Sian on a Dollzone B60-004 body, normal skin] - my second oldest from 2012.
  • Avi [Withdoll Cecily, blue skin with clear hands & feet] - arrived in 2015, my dear robot girl!
  • Mercury [Switch Ahi on an Fdoll body with Withdoll blue hands] - 2015 & the cutest.
  • Skipper [GlobalTranz Lensv2 on a Spiritdoll Elegance, dyed purple] - a full doll since 2015 and the biggest and longest project I have ever done. Ever.
  • Kasima [K-doll Kasis head] - arrived in 2014, a dream head I never thought I'd get. ♥
This year I hope to get another character of mine, Agatha, back (formerly BeYours Glisten) as a BeYours Pansy.
Other future dolls include Switch Waseon, BeYours Olive, MerryDollRound Zuri and possibly one little critter to balance my SD sized crew, MerryDollRound Mousse.

I also enjoy painting dolls very much, which is why I opened a face up shop for BJDs. It's called Aeterno Aesthetics, and has been up and running since 2014. I have had the pleasure to paint so many lovely dolls already, and I'm excited to tackle new challenges in the future.

That's pretty much it. In this blog I'll post pictures of my dolls, share my projects, commissions face ups, stories - all in all everything I do in the hobby. BJDs are and always will be a very dear part of life, which I would like to share with all of you. Thank you to everyone who has supported me during these years, and thank you to everyone who just stumbled upon my blog for the first time and maybe liked what they read. 

Love,
Asileh Backwards


PS. Oh right, links!
Instagram
Flickr
Aeterno Aesthetics

2 comments:

  1. Löysin tieni tänne Pala Hartsia-blogin kautta ja jään kyllä mielenkiinnolla seurailemaan uutta blogiasi! Menestystä ja pitkää ikää Ab Aeternolle! ^w^)/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tervetuloa ja kiitos paljon! ♥ Toivottavasti blogin sisältö miellyttää. :D

      Delete